Blueberry Season Hours
The You-Pick season for 2019 will start in late June. Check back for updates on our exact opening date!
Always check our website, visit our social media or call to verify we are open for any given day. It is sometimes necessary to close for weather or other special circumstances.
- 9:00am - 5:00pm
- 9:00am - 7:00pm
Preparing to Pick
We want you to have a safe and fun experience. Here are a few tips to make sure you're prepared before you head to the farm!
- Wear plenty of sun block and bring extra
- Bring bug repellant spray
- Be sure to wear closed toe shoes
- Wear pants and long sleeves if possible
- Stay hydrated by bringing plenty of water
- Bring any medications that you may require
Picking Your Blueberries
Picking your own blueberries is a fun and rewarding experience. Here are some tips for picking at the farm!
- We will guide you to the fields that have the ripest berries
- Pick only berries that are gray-blue color - these are the ripe ones
- Gently use your thumb to roll the blueberry off the stem and into your palm
- The ripest berries are the sweetest ones
- Continue picking until you have the quantity you desire
- Have fun!
Storing Your Blueberries
We hope you enjoy all the delicious blueberries you took home. Here are a few tips for storing your blueberries!
- Remove any berries that appear to have mold to prevent it from spreading to the others
- Don't rinse the berries until you're ready to eat them
- Dry the berries thoroughly before storing using paper towels
- Refrigerate in a breathable container lined with paper towels
- Blueberries should stay fresh for up to a week when refrigerated
- To freeze, spread on a baking sheet, firm up in the freezer, then transfer to a resealable plastic bag and put them back in the freezer
Benefits of Blueberries
Blueberries are often called a superfood and it's for good reason! Here are just some of the proven benefits from blueberries:
- Low in calories, but high in nutrients
- The King of antioxidant foods
- Reduces DNA damage as part of the aging process
- May lower blood pressure and prevent heard disease
- Helps maintain brain function and improve memory
- May help fight urinary tract infections
- May reduce muscle damage after strenuous exercise