Blueberry Season Hours
OUR 2022 SEASON HAS ENDED!
Thank you for all of your support and we look forward to seeing you next season!
- Closed for the Season
2022 SEASON PRICING:
- Pint: $4.00
Preparing to Pick
We want you to have a safe and fun experience. Here are a few tips to make sure you're prepared before you head to the farm!
- Wear plenty of sun block and bring extra
- Bring bug repellant spray
- Be sure to wear closed toe shoes
- Wear pants and long sleeves if possible
- Stay hydrated by bringing plenty of water
- Bring any medications that you may require
Picking Your Blueberries
Picking your own blueberries is a fun and rewarding experience. Here are some tips for picking at the farm!
- We will guide you to the fields that have the ripest berries
- Pick only berries that are gray-blue color - these are the ripe ones
- Gently use your thumb to roll the blueberry off the stem and into your palm
- The ripest berries are the sweetest ones
- Continue picking until you have the quantity you desire
- Have fun!
Storing Your Blueberries
We hope you enjoy all the delicious blueberries you took home. Here are a few tips for storing your blueberries!
- Remove any berries that appear to have mold to prevent it from spreading to the others
- Don't rinse the berries until you're ready to eat them
- Dry the berries thoroughly before storing using paper towels
- Refrigerate in a breathable container lined with paper towels
- Blueberries should stay fresh for up to a week when refrigerated
- To freeze, spread on a baking sheet, firm up in the freezer, then transfer to a resealable plastic bag and put them back in the freezer
Benefits of Blueberries
Blueberries are often called a superfood and it's for good reason! Here are just some of the proven benefits from blueberries:
- Low in calories, but high in nutrients
- The King of antioxidant foods
- Reduces DNA damage as part of the aging process
- May lower blood pressure and prevent heard disease
- Helps maintain brain function and improve memory
- May help fight urinary tract infections
- May reduce muscle damage after strenuous exercise